Metal Core PCB
Fumax -- Best contract manufacturer of Metal Core PCBs in China. Fumax offers all kind of Metal Core PCBs’ fabrication.
The product range of Metal Core PCB that Fumax can offer：
* In the Center of the Material is a Metal Core (Aluminium or Copper)
* Mainly 2 Layer PTH boards
* Special Design Rules applied to reach the best Heat distribution
* Used in Automotive: LED Application
* Material Type（FR4 / FR4 Halogen reduced）;
* Layer（2 Layer PTH）;
* PCB Thickness Range（0.1 - 3.2 mm）;
* Glass Transition Temperature（105°C / 140°C / 170°C）;
* Copper Thickness（9µm / 18µm / 35µm / 70µm / 105µm / 140µm）;
* Min. Line / Spacing（50µm / 50µm）;
* Soldermask Registration（+/- 50µm ( Photoimageable )）;
* Max. PCB Size（580 mm x 500 mm）；
* Soldermask Color（Green / white / black / red / blue）;
* Smallest Drill（0.20 mm）;
* Smallest Routing Bit（0.8 mm）;
* Surfaces（OSP / HAL Lead Free / Immersion Tin / Immersion Ni / Immersion Au / Plated Ni/Au）.
Advantage of Metal Core PCB:
* Heat dissipation -- Some Lighting Part dissipate between 2-5W of heat and failures occur when the heat from a light is not dissipate quick enough; the light output is reduced as well as degradation when the heat remains stagnant in the LED package. The purpose of a metal core PCB is to efficiently dissipating the heat from all topical IC’s (not just light). The aluminum base and thermally conductive dielectric layer act as bridges between the IC’s and heatsink. One single heat sink is mounted directly to the aluminum base eliminating the need for multiple heat sinks on top of the surface mounted components.
* Thermal expansion -- Aluminum and copper have unique advance than normal FR4, thermal conductivity can be 0.8~3.0 W/c.K. Electronic part and to can reduce crucial areas such as the metal heatsink part.
* Metal Core PCB Materials and Thickness -- The metal core can be aluminum, thin copper or heavy copper or a mixture of special alloys, or ceramic Al2O3 core(this kind PCB is the best for dissipating heat). but normally is aluminum core PCB. The thickness of Metal Core PCB base plates is normally 40 mil - 150 mil, but base on customer different request, thicker and thinner plates are possible. Metal Core PCB copper foil thickness can be 0.5oz - 6oz.
* Dimensional stability -- The size of the Metal Core PCB is more stable than insulating materials. The size change of 2.5 ~ 3.0% when Aluminum PCB and aluminum sandwich panels was heated from 30 ℃ to 140 ~ 150 ℃.
* Advantageous -- Metal Core PCBs can be advantageous to use for their ability to integrate a dielectric polymer layer with a high thermal conductivity for a lower thermal resistance. Metal Core PCBs dissipating heat 8 to 9 times faster than FR4 PCBs. MCPCB laminates dissipate heat, keeping heat generating components as cool as possible,this function can beat the Fr4 PCB in many lighting application.
Metal core PCB are wide used for LED lighting ,power supply,power amplifier. We provides MCPCBs Using aluminum core , copper core, iron core. some people Called it as IMS PCB. Metal Core PCBs are thermal management boards used in high Heat generating Applications. Such as LEDs, power supply field, Audio, Motor, Streetlight, Heavy Duty Power, Flashlight, Sports Light, Automotive, Stage Light.