Fumax uses Wave Soldering machine to solder the though hole components. It has better quality than hand soldering. It is fast too.
Wave soldering is forming solder wave of special shape with molten liquid solder on the liquid surface of solder bath with the help of mercury. Then putting PCB with inserted components on conveyor chair, and passing through solder wave in special angle and depth to realize solder joints.
1. Why choose wave soldering ?
As components become smaller and PCB denser, the possibility of bridges and short circuits between solder joints has increased. Wave soldering solves this problem largely. Apart from this, it has some other advantages:
(1) Solder in flowing state helps PCB surface soldered with solder more fully and brings better function of thermal conductivity.
(2) Reducing contacting time between solder and PCB significantly.
(3) The transmission system for transporting PCB is simple to make with only linear motion.
(4) The board contacts with solder in high temperature shortly, which could reduce the warping of the board.
(5) The surface of the molten solder has an anti-oxidant to isolate the air. As long as the solder wave is exposed in the air, the oxidation time is reduced, and the solder waste caused by the oxide slag is reduced.
(6) High quality of solder joints and average solder composition.
Using wave soldering when plug-ins are needed in the circuit board
3. Production preparing
Solder paste recovery
Solder Paste Stirring
4. Our capacity: 3 Sets
5. Contrast between wave soldering & reflow soldering:
(1) Reflow soldering is mainly used for chip components; Wave soldering is mainly for soldering plug-ins.
(2) Reflow soldering already has solder in front of the furnace, and only the solder paste is melted in the furnace to form a solder joint; Wave soldering is done without solder in front of the furnace, and soldered in the furnace.
(3) Reflow soldering: high temperature air forms reflow soldering to components; Wave soldering: Molten solder forms wave soldering to components.